Monday, May 13, 2013

Evening of Sorrows...


Evening, somewhere around 7:00, application development environment was down as pre-decided but I was still sitting before the screen of my computer while rubbing my eyes. Office was almost empty only few black heads could be seen here and there. Besides, the counts of green dots on office chat messenger too slumped but one green dot was still on - the coincidence girl. Eyes looked at wristwatch and needles of time felt very slowly.
Soon a sudden surge of thoughts from nowhere filled my mind and heart with past sorrows. Moments rolled into eyes and it seemed eyes had forgotten to wink. Suddenly my cell phone started ringing - it was an SMS. I looked at it, my service provider attempted to sell a new service to me. The dot was still green on chat messenger.
Eventually, I stood up from my cozy chair and rushed towards washroom. As I entered, I observed silence of graveyard there and a giant mirror showed my face to me. It appeared so dull. Eyes seemed lifeless and hope lost in the gust of life. I folded my sleeves and splashed water twice or thrice on face and again looked into it. Few drops of water ran down slowly from eyelashes. I couldn't recognize if they were my tears or water droplets though I felt tepidity on my cheek. Quickly I fetched two-paper towel and rubbed my face with it. When again I looked into mirror from little closer, I felt as if my eyes asked for life which I was not capable of giving to them. I turned around and rushed out from washroom.
While I was on my way to my cubicle, my cell again started ringing; I took it out from pocket and looked at the screen, it was my flat-mate. I picked up the call.
I initiated, “Hey Prabhat...What happen?” he replied, “When are you coming from office?”
I replied, “How many times do I have to tell you that I will reach there around 10:00 PM
He replied, “I know you daily reach flat around by 10:00 PM but I was just asking as I am done with the vegetables and dough, you just need to come and cook food.”
I replied, “o.k  ...…bye” and I hang up the call.
I had reached my cubicle and while sitting on chair I again looked at the chat messenger, the coincidence girl was still green. Something happened inside me and I opened a folder, which I always avoided. I clicked open the snaps of her and mine, they looked so fresh although they were not years old. I saw few snaps and all of a sudden locked down the computer and walked out from cubicle then floor and finally from building.
Now I standing before her building, I looked around and rushed outside the campus. I arrived at a tapri, and bought a cigarette. While taking puffs I walked towards a nearby dark place and sat down. I smoked slowly as though not wanted to leave that place any sooner. In the darkness of night my vision was captured of those pictures. I couldn't realize when I finished the cigarette. There I wished to disappear in the darkness. After sometime, when I felt an urge to know the time I took out my cellphone, it was 8:30 PM, the time to catch the last bus.
I again reached my building, then floor and finally my cubicle, unlocked the computer and looked at the messenger; the green had now turned into pink. Seeing this I also turned my status to pink, shut down the computer and left the building. While walking towards the Bus stand my feet felt reluctant and a point arrived when I sat down on footpath just to look around and rest a little bit. From there I saw feet which were in hurry to catch the last bus. At last, I also stood up and began walking towards the bus stand. Eventually I boarded the bus, put the radio on in my cell, and began listening to old songs. I grabbed the last seat in a corner with open window. Bus started rolling slowly, wind started slapping gently on my face and with those soothing slaps I lost in dreams.

Image : Courtesy to Google Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment