Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chapter - 1 (...A Destined Love...)


Chapter – 1

Exams of first semester nearing and I had been busy studying Physics, since it was my weakest subject. I entered BCA instead of my father resistance. He wanted me to pursue BBA like other fellows as I was originally a commerce student but I had a secret liking for computers and one day I took a stand, “I will do BCA not BBA and if you don’t want it that way then better send me back to our old village I will do farming.” He gave up and eventually sent me to a college in Indore to pursue graduation of my choice. That day, I didn’t know what life had for me. Happily I went to Indore, joined a college, get into hostel and began what I proudly recall as my ‘college life’.
In the start of November, college admin had posted exam schedule on notice board along with the name of Exam center – Danik Bhaskar Press complex. Dismay prevailed in me when I first read its name. It was situated at other end of city, almost 15 KMs away from hostel. Semester exams were due to start somewhere in the last week of November and eventually the day had arrived. I studied whole night before first exam paper and reached at the center well before time, somewhere around 10:00 AM. However, start time of examination was 11:00 AM. It was a cold November morning and stood outside the gate I devoured warmth of winter Sun. I carried no notes since I always preferred no revision before couple of hours of examination. It helped to arrest before exam anxiety but soon something else was going to give rise to it.
Almost after half an hour I noticed someone coming in centers direction on Activa. I watched her stopping besides the gate, putting Activa on stand and removing a book from a place underneath the seat. Gentle wind and glow of morning sun had turned her hairs golden. And her creamy face kept traversing right to left, left to right as she performed last minute revision of important notes. Suddenly I felt a magic swept over me, mind turned out empty while the eyes savored the view. She wore normal clothes, and looked fresh which generally people don’t look alike due to exam pressure. I forgot that I came to appear in the exam. Mesmerizing view of her took hold of everything in me. I felt my existence depended on her mercy, as if that moment she had wished, I could have given my life to her. The way I noticed her, I knew she hadn’t noticed in any way closer to that degree, however she didn’t even have inkling that someone at other end of gate stood and watched her with most intense feeling. Soon a call of my name fetched me back to real world. Friends were there. I joined them but my eyes kept going in her direction where now she was also joined by her friends. I asked friends the name of other college whose BCA students were there to appear in exam. Its Prestige college of Management studies, they told me. It was same college my father initially took me for admission. One of the finest colleges for student wanted to pursue BBA or BCA. My marks were good, college offered me admission but the fee structure was such that it would be damn difficult for my father to pay. I refused to take admission in that college and chose the one which was under the budget for my father. I wondered if had taken admission to that college I would have got to see her daily like this.
Soon the bell rang and crowd gathered outside began marching inside for its first college exam. This way I watched her for my next five exam papers and then life started as usual. For couple of months, I thought about her, although never told any of my friends.
I was a man who never believed in any false hopes and this helped me to forget her like a sweet dream. In those days, hope of having her in life never crossed my thoughts since I knew the difference between us. I was no prince charm while she was princess, I was no special guy while she was a special girl, I was nothing out of the world while she was out of the world, I was no center of any circle while she was the center of many lives. I moved back happily to my life, to my hostel, to my college, to my friends. Then came exams of second semester and same story got repeated and I enjoyed every bit of it. Why not, after all hardly anyone gets to live a dream and I was living one, though momentarily but living one.

To Read Preface Click Here


To Be Continued....(Chapter -2 ...Coming Soon)



2 comments:

  1. good one buddy... i cud relate to ur feelings involved as i've known u personally and i too hv lived in dat atmosphere...
    A story indeed touches people if it's honest n true...
    keep it up... keep rocking...

    ReplyDelete