Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Destined Love (Preface)


On my sand colored Royal Enfield classic, I headed in the dark that had been illuminated by the street lamps. Time was running short and so my life. Engine was thumping as though the restless heart of mine. I didn’t stop when PCR vans tried to intercept, not once but twice. However, my thinking had long been stopped at the only thought, at the only name, at the only beautiful face I knew – ‘Dhaani.’ I had to reach Airport before it’s too late as it’s the only chance I had to see her all again and once and for all. At facebook only I used to stalk her but haven’t seen her in real since 5 years. Not that I were stranger to her, we have 40 mutual friends but we were the only exception, who could not find place in each other’s friends list. I don’t know if she had looked for me on facebook but yes, I always saw her through the eyes of this great social media website which according to psychiatrists had become an addiction to most of world but to me she was the only one, Dhaani.
As countless times I had seen her through internet and wept by my laptop at destiny, thinking why this happened when it wasn’t meant to end at happy note, why I met her when we weren’t meant to live together, why a lonely guy like me always had to eat bitter fruits like this. And, I always blamed it for whatever happened as I had no one else to do so. Yes, it was destiny, not her or I, who came forward out of the blue and extended hands in Love. Unlike, other love stories mine was not just written but pushed through the walls by destiny.  It made sure that I take notice of her presence, have all doors closed and believe in it. Believe that she was created for me and me for her. I always knew that we had no match; we came from entirely different worlds. Sometimes, I go back into memories and see myself standing at an end of the passage which had trees grown at either sides like a vista and she was walking through it in the evening. There, deep down, I was expecting her to simply look back at me just once before it’s too late and she would reach the other end of passage to take a turn towards hostel. But it never happened, not even in my imagination, just for once she never turned around to smile at me. All my expectations doomed and there in that passage I am still standing and replaying the memory million times with a hope of a prospect that she would look back and leave a smile for me.

Wise old people have always said that time is the ultimate healer however in my case it restrained wounds from healing, kept them fresh and bloody. Every day, it reminded me of the instances when I be with her, in rainy days, after dinner long walk around the campus, her sipping of Mazza with me and rush of her emotions at the recite of my every new poem which she perhaps not knew that she was the center of all those recited couplets. The pain, sorrow, joy, love, feeling, all she was to me. Several couplets were written and given to her in the pretense that she loved them but truth about her it always seemed mystery to me or perhaps it’s a still the same.



To Be Continued....(Chapter -1...Coming Soon)

4 comments:

  1. like 'woooow!' ........... its fab!!
    i cant wait to read more..
    you are too good!
    i almost could imagine every scene with clarity.
    i am also a romantic fool.
    wrote a love story, waiting to find a publisher and another is on its way to get completed...
    keep it up buddy!! you rock...
    if you get time them do read my blog-
    www.wordsofaditi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aditi,
    Its wonderful that you liked my stories. They all somewhere taken birth from my own experiences. I believe you might also love to read the below given ones as well ...
    If they bring forth the strong hidden emotions in you in the form of salty water drops then please convey it to me ...I will feel grateful.

    http://rajveerspace.blogspot.in/2011/07/poems-of-life.html
    http://rajveerspace.blogspot.in/2011/04/i-am-still-alive.html
    http://rajveerspace.blogspot.in/2010/03/letter.html
    http://rajveerspace.blogspot.in/2010/02/i-love-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Stories always get attention.....And Luv is something that never ends with thoughts...Because it starts with thoughts...with lot of thoughts.....Keep it up bro....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dilli.....Its great to see appreciation coming from an old friend ....I hop you would be following my blog ...

    ReplyDelete