Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chapter - 3 (...A Destined Love...)


Chapter – 3
On my way back to hostel, life felt filled with all kind of happiness except one thing ‘She’. Who she was, I had no idea, where she lived I had no idea, why our path crossed every time in the name of coincidence I had no idea, but had a faith now, that I would meet her again – a blind faith. That day, when I reached hostel everyone came to congratulate me. Suddenly I became so special. Seniors, juniors, friends, foes all made me feel special, as if it was my birthday. Although I had never celebrated my birthday in whole life, I was the person who would always prefer to stand in the last at any birthday party. There were instances when people had come to wish me my birthday but I refused. In childhood, no one would ever come to wish me that it was my birthday and I had no idea why. Now when anyone does it, I feel scared, perhaps I would not want to take a feel of it. However, that day I wished for her to come and wish me my birthday though it was not. Just a strange wish.
Perhaps I have begun to return. At the start of my college life, suddenly I stopped watching romantic movies; in fact, started to despise them. It seemed love had departed my heart and tardily it became stone, red blood turned black. There was no specific reason for this transformation; perhaps just to defend myself in the ever-hostile world I imprisoned my heart into a fortress. Now when look back in time I realize how lifeless life I have lived. Life was a routine and feelings had restricted freedom, as they should not come in my way to a place I had no idea. Her mere sight in the corridor had brought back everything. I found myself as though never lost. For the first time I asked CD rental shop owner for ‘Devdas’ movie.
“What happened to you? Since more than a year I have been asking you to take away DVD of Devdas, but you never listened and today asking for it?” said shop owner while being surprised.
“Nothing happened. It’s just that there is nothing much interesting left in your shop so thought of watching it.” I replied casually.
“Well, here is this new DVD of it. Take away.” He handed over DVD of Devdas.

That Night, I watched Devdas, and to my surprise I wept. I wept at the deep devotion of Chandramukhi, I wept at the unrelenting love of Devdas for Paro, and I wept at the barrenness wore by Chunni-babu and Devdas together. It not only touched my heart but also went ahead to reach the soul. Perhaps, it was due effect of unleashed feelings. Those tears had an altogether unlike effect on my soul. I felt so relieved and emptiness of my heart just vanished. I felt so much occupied as feelings kept coming to me from all the directions. That night I really lived life after a long time.
Last semester had reached its halfway and like past semesters, it also had a subject that required special attention. I asked one of my friends to look for a professor outside the college who takes private classes for ‘Microprocessor’ since it required such kind of attention. He found out one such professor and we joined his private classes. It was a Saturday; the end of my first week of private class, and sitting there in the class with friends I waited for professor to appear but soon some 3 to 5 girls entered the class. Among them, ‘She’ was one. I quickly jumped on my seat and told my friend who was sitting next to me about her. I told him how and where I have seen her first. When the class got over, he pursued me to talk to her but before my reluctant behavior his persuasion couldn't last long and we both went back to hostel. Now every day after class, he would urge me to go and talk to her. In fact, I too wanted the same but somewhere a fear in me wouldn't allow to take that much required step in her direction. However, meanwhile I contacted an old school friend of mine who was studying BBA in her college.
“Hey buddy, I am looking for the name girl from your college who is somewhere 5’ 8 in height, creamy complexion and slim body. She is in Final year BCA.”
Two days later, I got a call from him. He found out her name, it was ‘Dhani’, never heard before such a beautiful name. That day, one more thing happened - I received my offer letter from Infosys along with joining details. I had to join Bhubaneswar office on 2nd July for 45 days training on Software Testing. I asked others who had also received their joining details and felt disappointment since they were all going to Bangalore for training in network management.
That day after the class, my friend urged, and I again said no like other days. Now instead of giving up, he threatened me, “If you won’t talk to her now then I will approach her.”
“Do whatever you feel like.” I said casually since I believed he wouldn’t act like an idiot but he did. I watched him going to her and began talking something. At first, I couldn’t get what he was speaking with her but then suddenly he called my name on top of his voice. Now, had no option but to go and talk. As soon as I reached before her, he left us alone. I looked at her face, she had inquisitive expression as though wanted to know my business. When couple of moments went in silence, she asked, “So about what on earth you want to talk to me?”
“Um..mm..I have seen you at Infosys recruitment drive, what happened?” I asked
“I got shortlisted.”
“Congratulation. By the way have you received your offer letter and joining details?”
“Yes I do.”
“If you don’t mind, may I ask your joining date?”
“July the 2nd.”
“And…Joining Place?”
“Bhubaneswar.”
“And….the training?”
“Software testing.”
Our joining details were exactly same. I turned around to leave after thanking her and made a gesture towards my friend with an enough loud sound of YES. I knew she heard it since was a direct byproduct of my overwhelming excitement.
When I reached he asked, “What happen?”
“Everything.” I replied with big grin on my face and looked in her direction. She was about to leave on her Activa.
“Start the bike, we have to chase her. Do it now she is leaving.” I told my friend.
We chased her on our bike but then soon she found out that two guys on motorcycle chasing her and she began exhibiting her driving skills. I tried not to lose her sight in the evening traffic but then a moment arrived when she just vanished like a fragrance in air. That night and even many following nights, I spent in vain looking for her on orkut over internet.
This very thought always made me feel ecstatic that she and I would be together in training in Bhubaneswar. Besides, I began believing in the fact that it was all written in the heaven and it was a matter of time when we would be with each other. Yet, it never occurred even in my dreams that if life gift excitements then it also present surprises, which even the almighty himself does not guarantee if they are all happy ones or sad ones.
At the start of June, when private class was over I desperately waited for exams to arrive. Obviously, since private class, I hadn't seen her but often I thought of her and imagined her presence in my life. One day I received a news that there were some political upheaval in the university and because of it the exams were going to be delayed for all the colleges and eventually in the mid of June university declared the exam schedule. They were very late and due to it, joining needed to be postponed. I contacted HR of Infosys by sending an email in which I mentioned reason for postponing the joining date and in reply, they asked me to get in touch with them once the exams would be over. This whole incident gave rise to negative thoughts in me. I would sometime wonder what is she would be given a joining date different from me, What if they would change my joining location, what if I wouldn't get to see her again. These illogical but fearful sad thoughts began haunting me in sleep, but soon when the exam dates neared these thoughts shimmered down and I shifted my complete focus on exams, which had the key to my life further life or perhaps my Love.

To Be Continued....(Chapter - 4...Coming Soon)



No comments:

Post a Comment