Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lonely Ride to Jaisalmer Documented

After spending 2 nights & 1 day at Mount Abu my next destination was Jaisalmer – the Golden City. I woke up early in the morning despite freezing cold and geared up Bullet for the ride. A very generous man, the owner of the hotel stood by my side while I tied luggage on to the Bullet and when I was ready to say ‘Rab Rakha’ he called for a hot cup of tea and offered me as good luck for further expedition. He even explained on what route I should be taking so that trouble can’t hit upon so easily.
Around 8:30 AM, I began rolling down from mountains and despite the seduction from the empty road I was seized by the tranquility of that morning in the green mountains. A distinguishing trait had taken hold of the entire landscape and despite being everything usual a sense of some phenomena was taking place kept the incredulity from dying. It was a morning sun that had enhanced the beauty of the landscape by many folds. Shadow of one mountain falling on other and rocks causing unusual impression by reflecting smooth light that was sailing at the surface of small ponds rendering view of what is underneath – a whole new world altogether.
I kept my Bullet steady and slow, even at places I stopped to simply watch the unfolding magic. Removing a camera just to take shots would not have rendered the bliss I tasted with naked eyes as I knew it can’t capture what my eyes can - an experience in itself.
By the time, I arrived at Abu Road the bottom of the Mount Abu it was already 10:00 AM. After some light breakfast once again I caught the road as per the directions given by the hotel owner. Road wasn’t as smooth as I was expecting but soon I adjusted my driving style according to road. Mount Abu to Sanchore was 150 KMs and state highway road carried no divider. I saw myself transitioning from the green belt of Mount Abu to sandy landscape of Raniwara.
Sanchore was an important finish and reaching there by 2:00 PM filled me with the energy since Jaisalmer was 300 KM away. I was as per plan for the first time in my trip. There I found a thought ‘Riders take bath in the Sun and energy from the Wind.’

From Sanchore to Barmer to Jaisalmer the road has been maintained by BRO i.e. Border Road Organization and I must say they have maintained it too well. One can easily cruise at the speed of 90 KM/H without being worried. Traffic wasn’t much and most vehicles I came across belonged to defense forces. Both sides of the road had either barren land or desert. The closer I moved to Jaisalmer the more I experienced arid landscape. The population density in the area was at continuous decline.
Barmer was left behind by 4:30 PM with a target of arrival at Jaisalmer by 6:30 PM. I was cruising Bullet at 90 KM/H trying to meet the targeted time and soon I found a goat stood in the middle of the road moving two steps forward then two step backward. In anticipation that it would step aside I blew the horn but that goat had an attitude of a bride and not listened to it. With no choice left I hit it. That feeling I felt inside me was dreadful. Had I not taken the liberty of cruising that fast I would have saved it. Well, one can’t accomplish the journey without any regrets and my regret lies in the death of that goat.
As I began closing up I saw the fields of windmills spanned to the horizon, revolving silently telling me that half an hour more and you can kiss the golden city of Jaisalmer.

At 7:00 PM, I entered the Jaisalmer and checked into a hotel had a view of Golden Fort. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving so much of Information. Choose the best resort in sam jaisalmer and book your tour package

    jaisalmer resort packages
    jaisalmer resort booking

    ReplyDelete